Church Insurance Information
A church is more than a building. It's a community. A church is a worship center where people unite in a familiar, comfortable environment. Individuals seeking spiritual guidance join together to form a familial bond. It is your ministry’s duty to maintain a safe and welcoming facility. Should disaster strike, a church insurance policy can protect the community physically and emotionally in times of need.
What types of church insurance are available?
Like other kinds of insurance, there are a variety of options to choose from in regards to church insurance. Most plans include property and liability coverage.
Property coverage protects buildings, signage, fences and contents from damage and theft. Some of the non-standard items that are covered include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Stained glass windows
- Equipment failure, including electronics
- Fire and security alarm upgrades
- Personal property loss worldwide, e.g., items lost on a mission trip
Liability coverage protects the ministry against claims of property damage or bodily injury that occur on church property or at a church-sponsored event. Enhanced liability coverage includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Personal injury liability
- Teacher/governing board liability
- Specialized emotional injury liability
- Sexual misconduct liability
- Directors, officers and trustees officers liability
- Employee practices liability
- Pastoral professional liability
It may be beneficial to add commercial auto insurance and workers compensation to your policy for added protection.
Make the most of your church insurance.
In addition to your property and liability coverage, you can add a variety of optional coverages so your policy is customized to your church’s needs. These can include the following:
- Lost wage coverage
- Key person replacement coverage
- Computer fraud coverage
- Flood coverage
Contact us today at 281-395-5497 or click below to learn more about coverage options. Our agents are happy to work with you to determine which coverages best meet your needs.