Contractors Insurance Information
Artisan contractors are specialists in their trade and need to be protected with appropriate contractors insurance coverage. Their unique skills and services are in constant demand by commercial and residential clients. Like any business, independent contractors need insurance to protect themselves financially. What type of insurance you need depends on the type of work you do. Here are some examples of the contractors we insure:
Alarms and alarm systems installation, service, or repair
- Appliance and accessories installation, service, or repair
- Audio visual equipment installation or repair
- Cable line installation or repair
- Communication equipment installation
- Concrete construction
- Door, window installation
- Driveway, parking area or sidewalk paving or repaving
- Drywall or wallboard installation
- Floor covering installation
- Glass glazier
- Heating and air conditioning installation, service or repair
- Home theatre system installation, service or repair
- Interior decorators
- Janitorial or cleaning service
- Land surveyors
- Landscape gardening
- Lawn care services
- Pool servicing contractors
- Pool and spa installation contractors
- Power washing or pressure washing
- Remodeling contractors
- Restoration contractors
- Siding installation
- Sign erection, installation and repair
- Solar energy contractors
- Stucco work
- Swimming pool servicing or repair
- Telephone line installation
- Tile, stone, marble, mosaic or terrazzo work
- Window cleaning
Contractors are like any business. You need property and general liability insurance to minimize the basic financial risks of running a business. Additionally, contractor insurance includes coverage designed for specific industry risks. Our agency can find a customized policy that includes coverage most suitable to you.If you are hiring contractors, you want them to have contractor insurance. Insurance you carry as a business or homeowner may not protect you from liability for a contract worker. This can expose you to lawsuits if a worker gets injured at your business or home.
What types of contractors insurance are available?
There is a wide variety of contractor insurance options. Here are common coverages for independent contractors.
- General liability:This provides coverage bodily injury, property damage, personal injury and advertising injury. It's most important for contractors who work with heavy machinery and need to be prepared for accidents due to power tools and other hazards.
- Inland marine: Safeguards contractors equipment including machinery and tools at job sites, your storage yard, and points in between
Professional liability: For contractors who provide consulting and advice, this coverage can protect you from liability risks due to losses a client may experience. It protects your business’s finances if a client accuses you of errors, whether due to mistake or negligence.
- Commercial auto: Any vehicles owned by your business must adhere to state auto insurance laws. You can also protect your vehicles from various damages.
- Builder’s risk: covers property and raw materials while construction is underway. This type of policy is often written per project.
- Workers compensation: Independent contractors may or may not need workers compensation. This coverage compensates employees for medical expenses and lost wages after an on-the-job injury.
Get started today!
We can search for the best policies based on the size of your business, the number of employees and the type of work you perform. Call us today at 281-395-5497 to get started with a free quote.