Motorcycle Insurance Information
Why do you need insurance for your motorcycle?
The open road can be a dangerous place for motorcyclists. A motorcycle insurance policy will help you protect yourself and your passengers, along with the motorcycle itself. If you don't think you need this financial protection, consider this:
- It's expensive to fix or replace a motorcycle that's been damaged or stolen
- Medical costs for anyone injured in a motorcycle accident can be very expensive
- If your motorcycle is responsible for damage or injury to others, you could be sued for astronomical amounts of money.
Protect yourself from these potentially expensive situations by giving your prized possession the coverage it deserves.
What to consider when consulting with your agent
Your agent can help you find a motorcycle insurance policy that meets your specific needs. Here are a few questions your should ask them:
- How much can I afford to pay if my motorcycle is in an accident, damaged or stolen? (Ask your agent what your cost savings would be if you raised your deductible.)
- What discounts and programs are available? (Ask about discounts for taking safety classes or having multiple policies. You may also save money if your motorcycle is stored in a garage or if you belong to a motorcycle association.)
- How much medical and liability coverage should I have?
- Does the insurance company have a good reputation for customer service? Is it known for paying claims fairly and promptly?
- What's the process for filing and settling a claim?
Tips for the cost-conscious rider
Some factors that help determine the cost of your policy include your age, your driving record, the area where you live and the type of motorcycle you own. Here are some other things to keep in mind when it comes to your premium:
- Many companies offer discounts from 10 to 15 percent on motorcycle insurance for graduates of training courses, such as the Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) rider course. Riders under the age of 25, usually considered a higher risk, may see some savings by taking this course. It's also a good idea for cyclists who have already had accidents to take this course.
- Maintaining a good driving record and staying free of violations will also help reduce your premiums.
- Some insurance representatives can offer discounts for those insuring more than one motorcycle, experienced riders and riders who are members of an eligible organization. This discounts can range anywhere from 10 percent to 20 percent, although their availability will vary.
- The style of motorcycle (such as a sports bike vs. a cruiser) and the age of the vehicle can each have an affect on your insurance costs. The number of miles you drive a year and the area where store your motorcycle can also impact premium costs.
Let G & H Financial Insurance Services help find a motorcycle insurance policy that's right for you. Call us at (877) 868-8063 or (281) 395-5497.
Motorcycle Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.