Why are People Avoiding Life Insurance?
Even though many people believe that life insurance is an important consideration for all adults, about 30 percent of American households don’t have an ounce of coverage. We know that life insurance isn’t the most pleasant discussion topic, but what’s keeping families from having that talk and buying coverage to protect their loved ones? Here are the top five reasons that people avoid buying life insurance.
- People don’t want to think about death. Leaving loved ones behind or losing a loved one is not a warm, fuzzy topic. But instead of thinking of life insurance as preparing for death, think of it as assisting your family’s financial future.
- People don’t want to burn through their budget. The vast majority of people who do not own life insurance have some misconceptions about the coverage’s price tag. In fact, many people believe it costs about twice as much as it actually costs. Always get a quote from your independent insurance agent before writing it off as too expensive.
- People are overwhelmed by the coverage options.Term life insurance, permanent life insurance and all of the minute differences in between…oh my! So many life insurance options are on the market, which is intimidating to many people. Looking for a solution. Check out our next point.
- People don’t know where to start. The thought of calling a bunch of insurance providers is enough to push the task to the side. However, the process becomes so much simpler when you enlist the help of your independent insurance agent. He or she will use industry resources to scour providers and deliver the best quote right to your inbox.
- People don’t want to make a special trip to the doctor. It’s true that many life insurance providers will require you to have a medical exam. However, in most cases, the examiners will come to you on the insurer’s dime. You’ll still have to go through the exam, but the logistics of it may be easier than you previously thought.
Ready to get started? Call G & H Financial Insurance Services at (281) 395-5497 for more information on Katy life insurance.